Old December 23rd 15, 01:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ND

Default ASG29 Panel (small) layout ideas for ClearNav II installation

On Tuesday, December 22, 2015 at 6:09:14 PM UTC-5, Sean Fidler wrote:
If anyone has any recent CAD or sketches of CNII instrument layouts in an ASG29 with the smaller panel size, I would be appreciative. Examples of completed installs are very welcomed as well.

If I do this, I have not decided if I would do both varios (nav diplay or needle) or just one.

I understand that this panel is a VERY tight fit for the ClearNav display in panel and will require all 57mm instruments to work.

Any insight, experinece or ideas are welcomed.

I may have a metric airspeed (ASG29, winter, 57mm), metric vario (winter, 80mm with 29 speed ring) and a FLARMVIEW for sale shortly. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks in advance,

Sean

Hey sean,

I'll send you a photo, a big airspeed and altimeter can be used, but you have to get creative. mine is a 20 naturally, and i can recall how much smaller a 29 panel is, but this general concept in the photo i'll send is worth a look. i never had a problem with the location of the altimeter, especially since the alt. is visible on the clearnav.