Old September 30th 04, 12:37 AM
Netgeek

"Jim Weir" wrote in message
All of which proves if you repeat an old wive's tale long enough, it will

be
believed.

Going to FM (or any other form of modulation not compatible with double

sideband
full carrier AM) is NOT a safety measure. It is simply trying to figure

out how
to change the entire world's aviation communications system at one precise

time.

Jim

Point taken - So when are you going to come out with the "new and improved"
VHF AM transceiver we've (or at least "I") have been waiting for? I built a
few of your radios about 18 years ago - been waiting for the "updates"
8-)......

Surely you haven't given up just because a bunch of nerds can't grok how to
do surface mount ???!!!

I'd like a "black box" VHF thingy that can speak (and respond to) something
like CAN bus - if you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them. Perhaps a
direct digital synthesis thing (ala Analog Devices) - or along the lines of
the work being done by flex-radio.com ???

Come on, Jim, jump in there and impart some wisdom (or at least some
cautions)...8-)...

Regards,
Bill