Old February 22nd 06, 02:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Narrowing it down... Comanche?

On 2006-02-21, Douglas Paterson wrote:

I considered M20s and flew an M20J (or was it a K) before buying a
Comanche. I'm 6'4" and there was enough legroom in the Mooney to make
up for the low seat, but just barely. I also fly the Comanche with
the seat all the way back (a guy down the hangar row from me is 6'5"
and had his seatrails drilled so he could move even farther back).
The Comanche gives you more opportunities to shift positions during
cruise flight, which is nice.

You've really got to sit in a plane to know for sure. For example,
I don't fit in an Apache. I could fly at cruise all day, but for
landing with my toes on the rudder and the throttle most of the way
back, there was no way to clear my knee with the yoke.

Agreed. Points on the adjustable seat well-taken, too. Thanks.

--
Doug
"Where am I to go/Now that I've gone too far?" -- Golden Earring, "Twilight