Old February 19th 21, 12:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default The Yellow Triangle

On Thursday, February 18, 2021 at 7:48:45 AM UTC-5, wrote:
There is margin at the yellow triangle.

ASW-20B, landing flaps + full spoilers on final, spoilers held open all the way to wheel stopped.

Touch down is tail first, landing roll 200', disk brake on hard but not rubbing nose in the dirt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBexl9GfKK0

T8

There is plenty of margin, try putting a cover over your airspeed indicator for the entire flight, actually it will be in your best interest to see exactly how your ship flies. E9 did this to me back in the day and it taught me a thing or two. Number one is that fly by the seat of your pants, number two prepare yourself for the off field landing. We did this often and it was one of the best learning experiences that I ever had.