Old May 30th 04, 07:48 PM
Roy Smith

In article ,
"Bob Gardner" wrote:

Look to the AIM, not the manual. 1-1-20(j)(3) makes it clear.

Thanks for the reference (although, it looks like it's really 1-1-19,
not 1-1-20, at least in the version I've got). While that does clear
things up a bit, it still leaves one with a bit of head-scratching to do.

The immediate action is clear; continue to fly the approach track, but
do not descend to the MDA, and execute the missed when you reach the
MAWP.

But what then? It says I should contact ATC as soon as practical, but
what do I tell them? Presumably, I start with the obvious, "New York,
3875T, missed approach", but what do I want to do after that? If I just
get vectors back for another shot, is it likely that the condition which
caused the RAIM alert will have resolved itself by then?

Is there a standard phrasology for telling the controller you had a RAIM
alert? It seems like there should be some compact way to say, "I had a
problem with my GPS equipment, but don't worry, it'll fix itself in a
little while".