Old March 31st 11, 09:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Max Kellermann

Default Brief review of Android XCSoar on the Streak 5 and LK8000 on the MIO 400

Mike wrote:
Just received a Streak 5, updated to Froyo and installed XCSoar for
Android, and thought I would compare it to the MIO 400 with LK8000
that I used last year and give a quick review.

Even though you compared just the two hardware products, you mentioned
explicitly that you tried LK8000 on the MIO. I would like to mention
that XCSoar can run on the MIO, too. The installation procedure is
the same.

I could not get the 1.6 version of the Streak to find XCSoar on
Android Market and could not install XCSoar

Several people have reported that problem with old Android versions.
So far, I could not check this, because all my Android test devices
have Android 2.x, and XCSoar runs just fine in the 1.6 emulator.

According to the Market statistics, 4.4% of all XCSoar/Android users
still have Android 1.6.

Max