Old September 11th 18, 12:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]

Default Too many accidents

LOL. You do know that Tom is vehemently on the record that he thinks "fully subscribed Nephi events" are dangerous because of the large number of gliders flying in one location. Search back on r.a.s. a couple of seasons.

Not sure what exactly the bee in the bonnet is here as regards Bruno, but there definitely seems to be something funky going on. Time to deploy some grains of salt. The '300' thermalling' video has already been broadly and deeply discussed here, on social media and probably in a hangar or two. The minimum altitude on the altimeter was 5,850'. The field elevation is 5,022'. The difference is marketing.

:-)

9B

On Monday, September 10, 2018 at 4:30:18 PM UTC-7, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
On Monday, September 10, 2018 at 12:47:39 PM UTC-7, 2G wrote:
On Monday, September 10, 2018 at 12:37:36 AM UTC-7, Charlie Quebec wrote:
I would put more weight on anything Bruno has to say, than anything you have to say.

So, are you saying that misuse of the rudder is ok? If so, I TRULY wish you luck because you will NEED IT!

Here is another Bruno bad example video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCr-H_ZkBOo

I always was filled with mirth when someone walked through the front door of the office and said they wanted a glider flight "like Bruno". I would always say, let's go see how much fun we can have. Bruno does a lot for soaring, be it the excellent yearly fully subscribed Nephi events, or his well viewed videos. I love watching his videos. However, Bruno is a very experienced pilot, some events in his videos should not be tried by less experienced pilots or YOU WILL DIE. YouTube has many videos of experts doing things non-experts should not. "A man's got to know his limitations" Harry Callahan