Old September 21st 20, 07:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

Default Hp-18 Glider: leaving it tied outside, not in trailer

On Monday, September 21, 2020 at 10:13:57 AM UTC-7, Tango Eight wrote:
That entire glider is held together with epoxy, and the fuselage from the trailing edge to the nose is polyester matrix fiberglass. It is *not* a metal glider. I recommend that you keep it out of the weather.

I owned one for ten years. It wasn't hard to assemble, just more fiddly and time consuming than modern factory ships.

T8

On Monday, September 21, 2020 at 1:00:59 PM UTC-4, Dan Goldman wrote:
Hello all,
Wonder if anyone has experience leaving a metal HP-18 glider tied down, out of the trailer.
Any damage to the wing foam ribs ? wing bonding issues ? Corrosion ?
Location is in the northeast USA.
Dan

My HP18 wings were aluminum bonded to foam ribs.

Richard