Old November 11th 04, 06:35 AM
BTIZ

Most motor gliders of the "Katana Extreme" variety do not have enough
"oomph" (HPower) to get a regular glider into the air. You may find that
some have done duty to tow ultralights aloft. Check out the USHGA web pages.

Most motorgliders (older types) do not have enough HP to get them selves
into the air on hot high days here in the mid-west. Although I do understand
that the DG808B does very well, but the Grob109 is very anemic. I've read
reports that the older DG400 was "doable" at a very poor climb rate.

BT

"Ray Lovinggood" wrote in message
Who is using a motorglider as a tug? Please send details!

Your location. Country. Field surface, length, elevation,
temperatures.

What type of tug?

What gliders towed?

Good, bad, and ugly of using the motorglider.

Who insures? Costello, here in America, will not insure
a motorglider for towing.

Thanks,
Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA