Old March 1st 07, 06:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

Default Sales Tax in NJ

On Feb 28, 2:43 pm, wrote:
Hi All

I'm in the process of purcasing my first Plane from a private owner.
The current owner lives in NY state and I live in NJ. I know with cars
I would pay sales tax at NJ Motor vehicles when I register and title
the car but how does the process work with Planes? I was told that you
just snd in a bill of sale and registration form to the FAA and that i
would get a bill from the state of NJ months from now?

Thanks in advance for any info

Panther

Student Pilot

Not sure about NJ but in CA the FAA notifies the state and you get a
bill.

-Robert