Old March 15th 16, 12:27 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Vandenberg launch

On 2016-03-14 23:41:32 +0000, "Byker" said:

The is something we used to see from time to time when I lived in SoCal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWCnhFQe1pM

Only it was from Vandenberg AFB, about 180 miles from where I lived, just
about the same distance from Cape Canaveral to Miami.

image

The Vandenberg launches still happen, the next ones on the calendar are
the July launch of a Falcon 9 with a payload of 10 Iridium commercial
communications satellites.
Followed by a Mid-2016 Minotaur C launch to place multiple SkySat Earth
observation satellites.
Next will be in September with an Atlas V delivering a WorldView 4
Earth observation stellite for DigitalGlobe.
https://youtu.be/m3BRi7XcELM

--
Regards,

Savageduck