Old May 27th 20, 12:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Luc Job[_2_]

Default AOA indicator poll.

Hi Kirk!

I will within days put the website online... You will have the opportunity to upload a picture of your panel... Maybe it's not hopeless...

I really don't like to have a led directly in front of my eye... that's why I designed an indirect display with a reflector and 5 leds, but this is easy to adapt to any other led display: there is 2 options: you can control up to 5 discrete leds, or any 3-wire or 4-wire led strip with any number of RGB or RGBW leds... Only the software needs to be adapted.

I'm relatively more skeptical about the audio AoA in approach for a simple reason: Gliders have low wing loading (compared to jet fighters, not to paragliders...) and this makes these beasts quite more sensitive to gusts and turbulence... And this will make your AoA much less stable in these conditions... Maybe I'm biased by the fact that I fly mostly in mountains where conditions are generally windy and gusty, at least when it's interesting to fly... So you won't be really able to get a constant tone... The goal looks more like dynamically counteracting the AoA variation due to the turbulence and for this the up-down movement on the indicator is a faster signal than the changing tone... But it doesn't look very complex to add an audio amp in a next version of the system to be able to generate sound instead of cutting the audio... And this can easily be coupled with the landing gear extension to switch from one mode to the other...

Cheers