Old June 1st 20, 12:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Newport-Peace[_6_]

Default CAI 302 needle fell off

At 11:16 01 June 2020, Nelson Howe wrote:
On Monday, June 1, 2020 at 7:15:03 AM UTC-4, Nelson Howe wrote:
So the needle fell off my 302 yesterday. Noticed it on the ground, but

t=
he landing wasn't that firm.
=20
Anyway, I thought I could get by short term without it, as I use it to

fe=
ed the Clearnav, and have a Butterfly as well. But a very wise man
suggest=
ed that the 302 hunts for the needle position on start up for

calibration,
=
and might not work without the needle. I tried it, and he was correct.
=20
Could it be as simple as opening up the case and gluing the needle back

o=
n with a dab of

Glue, a dab of glue. I.e., medium viscosity CA or epoxy.

Hit the damn post button with the heel of my hand.

Thanks,

Nelson

However, If you open the case, you will break the electronic seal and
future IGC files will not be accepted as valid.

Better to send it to Gary at Clearnav to fix.