Old June 2nd 20, 12:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Neal Alders

Default Fatal Towplane Accident 5-9-20

UH, correct me if I'm wrong, but in the 800 or so low tow flights I have done, you never climb and then transition. You stay in ground effect, wait for the tow plane to climb above, then follow. I don't think I ever felt wake turbulence when in low tow, unless it was intentional during training, or when in high tow. I feel far more wake turbulence in high tow than low tow.

Bob, thanks so much for the compliment. It felt like I never left the cockpit. Well, except for the uneasiness being in high tow. I doubt I have more than 50 high tows as a glider pilot in my entire life. LOL