Old June 2nd 20, 12:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Neal Alders

Default Fatal Towplane Accident 5-9-20

And I have ZERO desire to make soaring like airline flying. That would ruin it. Even for me.

However.

The "single level of safety" mindset is what needs to slowly work its way into the mainstream. Too many ego's and not enough cooperation is how people die. The desire to fight the system has to be replaced with asking why the system needs to change, and being a part of the solution instead of the problem. Fix the easy things first, then hit the harder stuff. Sometimes the hard problems disappear after the little problems are solved.