Old September 20th 07, 02:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Default Health Regulations and the Sports License

On Sep 19, 2:27 pm, "Vaughn Simon"
wrote:
"LJ Blodgett" wrote in message

. ..
YOU are right,The FSDO wants to see a drivers license,plus

a form(taken off the internet)filled in and signed by a CFI.

You may not actually need a FSDO. I got my first student license from a
designee. Since I was a glider student, no medical was necessary.

Vaughn

Yes. In fact I recently had a student who's student pilot certificate
had expired (24 months) but the medical was still good (36 months). I
just asked the DE to sign the 8710 for the certificate "Student PIlot"
and he issued him a student pilot certificate w/o me going to the
FSDO.

-Robert