Old April 15th 04, 06:39 AM
soarski

will remain small, and declining.

Saying that people are "too lazy" to soar is like me saying soaring
people are too lazy to try metalworking. I just made a skid plate for
a 2-33 out of 1/4 inch AR plate, 3 1/2 hours pushing it through the
saw to cut to size. Call me lazy if you will, but I'd rather push the
steel than pay through the nose for what soaring costs, and it's just
as interesting.

BUT Lennie......You went about it the wrong way! I used to take some
stock with the corect width, had the guy where I picked it up, just
cut it with a big shear! Usually made three of them at a time.
Clamped them all together and hoped for a good drill bit in the press.
Those were the times, replacing those skids, while customers were
waiting to fly!

I was lucky to give Lessons in the 2-33 and long intro Flights in the
Janus and always had a big grin on my face jumping in the backseat of
the 2-33 for another lesson in the late afternoon. The differences
made it interesting!
Please be nice to those good ships. I wonder where mine ended up,
owned it
for 25 years, sold it to the Airforce Academy and they probably gave
it away
to some nice Group?

WHERE did it end up? N 5742S .....

Places that give Sightseeing/ Intro rides, The commercial operators,
are our best bet for keeping soaring alive! Those operators need all
the help they can get. Insurance is a problem, seasons, locations etc.

But then, Bill, are you saying .....nothing is forever?

Dieter B
Gliders Of Aspen Inc surrounded by dozens of Gulfsteams and
other jets!