Old November 22nd 04, 07:59 PM
Nicholas Kliewer

Default Filing through Dallas what to expect?

Being a freshly minted IFR pilot -- I am taking a
trip from Dallas to Phoenix for Thanksgiving.

I've got most of the trip figured out, my first
stop is Abilene, but I am wondering about getting
across Dallas:

If I filed TKI (McKinney) direct ABI (Abilene)
what would I get?

Would it be better to file TKI DFW ABI to try to
get routed over DFW? I am afraid that they are
going to give me a departure route that takes me
way out of the way.

Has anyone else made this flight? Any suggestions?

Thanks! -Nick (To email remove the spot)