Old November 18th 03, 03:42 AM
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
Michael Horowitz wrote:

I know that the primer shaft comes in contact with gasoline so that
any lube I put on the shaft will be washed away, but can anyone
recommend how to make the primer slide easier? Worked fine during the
summer, but last weekend it was the dickens to pull out and push back
in. - Mike

Yep -- the product is called "Fuel Lube," available from Aircraft Spruce
(P/N 09-25300) @ $22.95 per 1-lb can. The stuff is also good for fuel
valves -- I have the old, cone-shaped, cork type, which needs a VERY
light coating of the cork every couple of years. A 1# can is about a
1000 year supply for the average airplane owner.

It is also good to seal oil screen flanges, magneto bosses and drain
plugs, fuel cap gaskets, etc. I also used it to lube the O-rings in my
electric mogas pump, as unleaded mogas has very little lubrication value.

It is a very waxy substance and resists fuel and oil.