Old July 15th 03, 08:09 PM
Slav Inger

Slav Inger wrote:

On a similar note (and this one I'm less sure about than my original
question), is there any way the safety pilot can log the time he spends
being the safety pilot? I know my logging requirements as PIC under
simulated instrument conditions (SP's name, etc), but I'm not exactly
sure what the SP himself can log. Thanks.

Oh, almost forgot: I don't think I can split the cost of the flight with
the safety pilot, can I? Since I wanted to go practice instrument
approaches and asked/needed someone to be my safety pilot, the SP is no
longer "just a passenger". Since his presence in the airplane is not
coincidental, I'm assuming that I can't charge him 50% of the cost.

- Slav Inger
- PP ASEL IA @ YIP