Old January 28th 09, 07:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob

Default Re Pic of Salvaging US Airways20.jpg

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 22:35:43 -0500, "Morgans"
wrote:

"Scubabix" wrote in message
I still can't get over how little damage was done to the airframe.

Most of the damage was done on the bottom of the plane, from what I have
read. Pretty much all of the skin on the bottom of the plane is gone,
especially on the back part, with many of the structure under it also bent
and twisted, and some ripped away, also.

Still, it held in one piece, due to the smooth water and the excellent
touchdown. That says plenty.

I'd give Airbus a pat on the back, too...