Old January 28th 09, 08:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Morgans[_2_]

Default Re Pic of Salvaging US Airways20.jpg

Still, it held in one piece, due to the smooth water and the excellent
touchdown. That says plenty.

I'd give Airbus a pat on the back, too...

Yep. I intended to imply that, but I guess I didn't.

I'm not so sure one of the other major manufacturer's aircraft would not
have done as well, given the same circumstances. Doubtful we would know,
since it is doubtful (and hopeful) that the same circumstances will ever
happen again. I would say that this was a one of a kind situation.
--
Jim in NC