Old March 9th 04, 12:23 AM
Dudley Henriques

"John Galban" wrote in message
om...
"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message

link.net...
This put the Viper way low of
where it should have been at the top side commit. He missed his visual

cues
as well. The airplane simply didn't have the g available vs the altitude
under it to cut the corner.

Hey Dudley,

I've notice that in several posts over the last few months regarding
the T-Birds, you refer to the planes as Vipers. Is there something
different about these F-16s that they have a different name?

Just wondering,

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Viper is the nickname that stuck for the F16 in the fighter community. Thank
God !!!!!!.....the girls weren't really all that impressed with "Lawn Dart"
:-))
And somehow, the name "Fighting Falcon" just never caught on either. It's
usually this way with our birds. The manufacturers' sales department has a
meeting one day and picks some terrible idiotic name that they think is in
character with the product......you know, the same way some people with dogs
like to name them. I can't remember the last time I ran into a two hundred
and ten pound Rotweiler named "Muffin" :-))))) It's usually something like
"Ripper! "
Then, when the airplane makes it out into the general fighter community, we
get a hold of it and rename it to suit ourselves. That's the name that
sticks. Hence the "Viper" tag!
Dudley