Old December 18th 04, 03:40 AM
john smith

The best response to a complaint about the Bonanza "squirm" was:
"If you don't like the way my airplane flies, you don't have to ride in it."

Mike Rapoport wrote:
A yaw dampener will fight you if you try to slip or skid. More advanced
ones will start trimming the rudder against you too, so yes, you turn off
the dampener for takeoff and landing. Basically a yaw dampener coordinates
turns. On some airplanes (V tail Bonanzas) the tail has a tendency to wander
back and forth and a yaw dampener is said to make passengers happier. It
doesn't mask an engine failure enough to notice the difference.. If you had
no rudder trim, it would make single engine flight easier but I have never
seen a twin without rudder trim.