Old June 5th 09, 12:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

Default The Home-made Home-builders Engine

On Fri, 05 Jun 2009 01:08:03 GMT, "vaughn"
wrote:

"Morgans" wrote in message
news

The more I think about it, I think the Harley is the perfect choice. High
HP, air cooled, available from crashed bikes, built with a separate
crankcase, designed with a belt drive to be used, many sizes available.

I am not sure if the Harley engine is perfect or not, but to your list I
would add that virtually every part and even brand new whole "clone" Harley
engines are available from several sources in addition to Harley Davidson
itself.

Not cheap, not so available, but what about the various BMW motorcycle
engines?

Vaughn

bmw engines need only a modified rotax gear head fitted to them to be
usable.