Old February 2nd 04, 10:47 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Gig Giacona" wrote in message

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
ink.net...
Actually ending our dependence on foriegn oil would be pretty easy but
people don't want to do it. In round figures:

We import about a third of our Petroleum
Two thirds of petroleum is used for transportation

It is possible to cut transportation use in half through a combination

of
fuel efficiency and more efficient trip planning.

The reason we don't is that the costs are horrendous. As for trip

planning
and fuel efficiency, I'd like to see how Soccer Mom'sŪ driving SUV's and
mini-vans are going to improve their trip planning.

Ha....... I have no doubt that the mileage driven by Soccer Moms could be
reduced by 35% or more with a little planning. This is an argument that is
had often around the old homestead and whenever it comes up I ask why it
took 2 hours for what was clearly a 1 hour bunch of stops I can show my

wife
how it could have easily be done in a more efficient manner.

And she said, "so what"?