Old May 3rd 04, 07:00 PM
C J Campbell

"NS" wrote in message
I hold an ATP but with a third class medical. A local charity is holding a
silent auction and I am considering donating a sight seeing tour around

the
local area. Any comments on whether this will run afoul of 61.139 or other
regulations? I will not be receiving any monetary compensation including

no
reimbursement for fuel..

You will need to contact the local FSDO, but approval of flights like this
is fairly routine. They like this kind of stuff.

There are new rules in the works that may severely restrict charity airlifts
like this. AOPA and EAA have registered their objections to the rules, as
have thousands of pilots. The FAA has extended the period for public comment
on the proposed rules and you should let them know what you think of this
idiocy.