Old July 20th 20, 11:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Glider Insurance?

On Monday, July 20, 2020 at 4:14:20 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Hull insurance is only required if you have a loan on the Glider. I limit the value of the glider I own to $40K and self-insure for the value of the ship. I only carry Liability Insurance on the ship, $293.00 this year from Costello. I also self-insure for the value of my cars and carry Liability only insurance on them. After Hartford Insurance Compony canceled our Home Owners Insurance because of all the wild fires in California, I self-insured for a while until State Farm decided to insure our place that is one mile from the local fire department and we have a fire hydrant on the property!
Hope this helps,
JJ

Does that $293 include coverage of your glider in case of storm damage, road accident, hangar fire, etc, or do you self-insure for that too?