Old November 28th 17, 05:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

Default Jantar SZD 48 "Jantar Std 2" - wing profile templates

On Thursday, November 23, 2017 at 9:33:39 PM UTC-8, Phil Stade wrote:
Is there another way of determining the profile used on W-856?

I've collected profiles from half a dozen airplanes and gliders, and in general there seems to be only a passing resemblance between what is manufactured and its published coordinate sets. Of course, it is much better these days with the increasing use of very stable CNC-cut molds. But even as recently as the mid 1990s you could find new gliders with very marked differences not only between published and actual coordinates, but even between right and left wings.

If you really want to know what's there, your best bet is to extract your own coordinate set. One such method is described in my 2006 Update called Steal This Airfoil:

http://www.hpaircraft.net/hp-24/upda...ecember_06.htm

Thanks, Bob K.