Old January 12th 21, 07:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default First glider Nimbus 2 ?

BG wrote on 1/11/2021 9:34 PM:
Another issue is the risk you are imposing on the tow pilot. Most of these older ships have CG hooks that provide little help in directional control. Kiting is also a killer. My club lost a towpilot this last year due to kiting.

My ASW20C came with only a CG hook. After several years, I retrofitted it with a nose hook. The
improvement on takeoff was significant, and it was also better in the air. A very worthwhile
change, I thought, and I had about a 1000 hours at the time.