Old July 28th 17, 01:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Pawnee Mirrors, Fuselage Mounted - Where to buy please?

On Wednesday, July 26, 2017 at 10:06:52 AM UTC-4, Shane Neitzey wrote:
After many years of service, both of our fuselage mounted rear view mirrors are failing. The mechanic who installed them said they were made by TOST.. They resemble automotive side view mirrors.
Anyone know where I can get a pair? Easy now grin

Our Pawnee tow plane is probably one of the nicest flying today, I installed two very nice black mirrors on either side where the old hopper used to sit. The mirrors are like the ones on the early Shelby Mustang, they look really nice. I considered installing a video camera system that would have been mounted on top of the aircraft but decided it would be a big distraction for the tow pilot. A nice set of mirrors and a good radio does a good job. Bob