Old February 8th 04, 03:40 AM
R.Hubbell

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 23:14:37 GMT "Dave Stadt" wrote:

"R.Hubbell" wrote in message
On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 06:41:23 -0600 Abafon Goula

wrote:

Don't hold your breath on this one. Would be nice if that friggin'
criminal was made to pay for some of his organized crime-like
dealings, but just like the mobster he is, he's too removed from these
things to be convicted. His underlings do these deals to please the
boss, who never officially makes a request in writing, but they are
all very learned in the methods of political survival. As usual the
**** will roll down hill and some patsy, although probably involved,
will be hung out to dry. It's the game of politics, my friends.

Maybe the Feds an go after him this time. Perhaps they can get a little
creative. Maybe he used those trucks to haul debris from Meigs and since
that concrete was paid for with federal money...Grasping at straws....

I'll bet there was some tax evasion going on. Daley is on the fed radar
so he may get more than he bargained for this time.

Nonsense. Daley has more power at the federal level than most federal level
politicians. He generates a massive number of democratic votes. Don't
forget, his father gave Kennedy the election. I have no idea how the city
paying to have trucks sitting doing nothing can be construed as tax evasion.

Let's see, trucks were billed that were parked. Fuel that wasn't burned had
to fit into the equation somehow. The usual wear-and-tear on vehicles wouldn't
add up. And how about those dump fees? I don't think they left any stone
unturned in looking for ways to cheat. Someone somewhere had to cook the books.

Daley won't be touched.

I hope you're wrong

R. Hubbell