Old September 28th 18, 10:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
D S

Default March and April Soaring...where?

While that isn't our peak season (which is ~May/June) there can be some really good soaring in Southern Az.

On Friday, September 28, 2018 at 8:14:33 AM UTC-7, vtcyclist wrote:
If one were to have some time for a month long road trip in March and/or April to tow their glider (DG-300) somewhere and fly, where would you suggest. Florida, Texas and New Mexico come to mind, but I do not have soaring experience in those places. Especially that early in the year.

Other considerations a clubs or operations that will tow visiting pilots and gliders, camping and odds that the weather/thermals will be worth the drive.

Thanks

-JM