Old October 5th 18, 01:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

Default March and April Soaring...where?

On Friday, September 28, 2018 at 11:14:33 AM UTC-4, vtcyclist wrote:
If one were to have some time for a month long road trip in March and/or April to tow their glider (DG-300) somewhere and fly, where would you suggest. Florida, Texas and New Mexico come to mind, but I do not have soaring experience in those places. Especially that early in the year.

Other considerations a clubs or operations that will tow visiting pilots and gliders, camping and odds that the weather/thermals will be worth the drive.

Thanks

-JM

JM, please let us extend an invitation to you from the Treasure Coast Soaring Club, located in Vero Beach, Florida. We are a club but do have guest privileges and can accommodate you very well. within 1/2 mile there is a Cracker Barrel, Steak and Shake, and many more restaurants. There are also hotels within the same distance, Hampton Inns, Holiday Inn express, and Country Inn & Suites.
We are located west of Vero at the New Hibiscus Airpark, X52 is our identifier. Our geographical area provides excellent soaring conditions and plenty of sea breeze fronts that make for some fantastic soaring. We are not confined by restrictive airspace, and the availability of beautiful geography makes for many safe places to land. We tow seven days a week and on weekends you can always smell the aroma of the BBQ grill. Pilots routinely come from as far away as Miami and Ocala to join in on the fun Treasure Coast Soaring. Our club is only two years old and we are near 80 members and growing.
So, if you decide to head further south to the beautiful area of the sunny coast please be our guest. Bob