Old February 18th 21, 04:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

Default A Different Chute Question

On Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at 2:36:48 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On 2/17/2021 1:20 AM, Steve Leonard wrote:
...so I could have the drag chute available.

Oh Steve, don't be a wimp...

You are right, Dave. I want the increased flap deflection in my ASW12 so I don't need the drag chute, so why am I being such a whiner and wanting the drag chute on this plane? :-)

Two pictures of this particular plane on page 71 of "SB 5 - SB 15 Segelflugzeug Braunschweig". It has a 16.5 meter span with Eppler E 417 airfoil section for the wing.

And, thank you, Bert. I will check with them, but I am not sure what they will know. Maybe someone there remembers the style of drag chute connection?

Steve Leonard