Old May 12th 04, 02:33 PM
Bill Denton

Sometimes it works the other way...

I once had a large bee crash into the front of my leather jacket and bounce
up under my full-coverage helmet, ending up quite alive between my face
shield and my face! And just to make it even more fun, I was about 25 miles
from nowhere and I'm allergic to bee stings.

You'd be surprised how quickly you can haul a scooter down from 70 to 0 when
you've got a bee flying around about a half inch from your eyeball! I yanked
my helmet off, the bee got the hell out of Dodge, and I didn't suffer any
injuries a couple of beers and a pair of clean BVD's couldn't fix, so I
guess all's well that ends well...

"L Smith" wrote in message
ink.net...

You don't want to hit one of those things riding a motorcycle without
a full face mask though...

Full face masks don't solve every problem, sometimes they just
redirect it.

Had a boss one time that came into work a little 'perturbed' one
morning. Seems a wasp
bounced off his face shield into his jacket. Dude was dazed from the
initial collision,
but once he shook that off, he was mad!

Rich Lemert