Old October 10th 08, 01:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
cernauta

Default stemme flaperon mix control

On Thu, 9 Oct 2008 05:47:09 -0700 (PDT), bjarthur
wrote:

i ask, b/c in the x-plane simulator, with full flaps in (+16), aileron
input has no effect on flaperon position. essentially there is no
roll control with full flaps

I don't know about the geometry, but I can tell you from my past
experience in the S-10V that you have very poor roll control with the
ailerons, when flap are set to positive. Not to mention to full
positive.

If you are not flying very slowly, moving the flap lever to positive
and full positive requires a condiderable effort, too.

Zero is quite good for manouvres, in the pattern and when centering
thermals.

Aldo Cernezzi