Old November 20th 04, 02:51 PM
Chris Ehlbeck

Whichever happened, watch the A-4 after the accident. Remember the mantra
"FLY the airplane!"
--
Chris Ehlbeck, PP-ASEL
"It's a license to learn, have fun and buy really expensive hamburgers."

"Slick" wrote in message ...
IF you analyze the video and read the name of the video, it seems obvious.
From the reviewing the video this was not a refueling accident. That

weapon
was clearly dropped from the Hornet. As far as to why the weapon did what

it
did, I have no idea.
"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
om...
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photoga.../F18KillA4.wmv

I recently received this amazing video of an F/A-18 Hornet
accidentally "shooting down" an A4 Skyhawk. However, I've received
two conflicting explanations of what's happening he

One version of the story says that it was an F/A-18 missile test being
filmed by the A4. The missile didn't fire after release, tumbled into
the A4, and tore off its wing.

The other version says that it was a refueling accident. Apparently
the A4s were used as "mini-refuelers" and it looks as if what comes
off the Hornet is actually attached to the A4. Perhaps the drogue
snagged something and tore off the missile, which then hit the A4s
wing, tearing it off?

Anyone know conclusively? I'd like to get the caption right.

Thanks!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA