Old February 12th 07, 06:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Flying Gloves

On Feb 12, 6:22 am, "Neil" wrote:
Does anyone have any recommendations for lightweight, but good "grip" gloves
for use when gliding, that would be available in or from the UK?

I'm looking for something with good "feel" and that won't slip from the
stick, or cable release, but that provides a degree of warmth when it's
colder.

I've seen some longer cuff power-pilots gloves in aviation stores, and eBay,
which are beyond wrist-length and have fire-proof uppers with leather
palm/finger areas. I don't think the fire-proos benefit is necessary (!)
and welcome any advice from anyone who may have used those or other better
types.

Thanks,
Neil

Water ski gloves have excellent grip characteristics....for obvious
reasons. Sailing gloves might work ok too.