Old February 2nd 06, 06:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Pitot Heat Failure in a Piper

In my Warrior it was broken wires at the pitot. The avionics shop
noticed it during the 24 mo. certification. Easily corrected for no
more cost than connector and shop time.

RK Henry

On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 11:41:29 -0600, "Jim Burns"
wrote:

I would check the switch first, relatively cheap. Had the same problem. At
first it wouldn't blow the circuit breaker, it simply wouldn't warm up.
After we started checking wires and connections, we found the switch was
bad. After we played with the switch, the circuit breaker would blow.
Jim

"Marco Leon" mmleon(at)yahoo.com wrote in message
I have a 1978 Warrior II and it looks like the heat element went south.

The
circuit breaker is fine so I believe that's the problem but I'm open to
suggestions. My A&P is out of town so I'd like to try and get a head start
by ordering parts if possible. Can anyone recommend a source to get a
heating element for a Piper pitot tube? Is it recommended to get that
separately or is a new pitot unit the way to go?

Thanks,

Marco

http://www.usenet.com