Old June 10th 07, 10:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques

Default Head orientation in turns--how is it taught for aviation?

On 2007-06-10 12:05:46 -0400, "Vaughn Simon"
said:

"Bob Moore" wrote in message
46.128...
Head and body should remain perpendicular to the floor of the
cockpit. This comes naturally if the turn is coordinated.

I usually avoid these threads but there is a safety issue here. I teach my
students to LOOK WHERE THEY ARE GOING.

Vaughn

Actually, both you and Moore are correct really :-)) The body should
remain straight and the head should not be "tilted" off the straight
axis, but turning the head to look where you're going is absolutely
correct. Turning the head while remaining straight up in the seat is
not the same thing as bending the body off axis away from the turn
which is I believe the main gist of the original poster's question.
Dudley Henriques