Old June 13th 07, 04:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Cubdriver

Default Head orientation in turns--how is it taught for aviation?

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 19:26:48 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

But you can look where you're going in both cases: with your head level with
the horizon, and with your head level with the aircraft.

I can't imagine a pilot would crane his head left or right in order to
stay oriented with the horizon. The natural thing to do is have your
spine straight up and down, perpendicular to your seat.

(Does anybody do it another way--in a real airplane, I mean?)

Blue skies! -- Dan Ford

Claire Chennault and His American Volunteers, 1941-1942
forthcoming from HarperCollins www.flyingtigersbook.com