Old November 30th 18, 03:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default Igc file help. Computer science

On Fri, 30 Nov 2018 03:32:14 -0800, cuylaertspascal wrote:

Are you aware of any central location where glider pilots share their
projects, so no one has ro reïnvent the water again? :-)

I've put some projects on SourceForge.

The ICG package hasn't been published so for. I originally wrote it in
order to have a log analysis and display program that would run under
Linux, but then discovered GPLIGC and a utility for converting IGC logs
into KML files for display on Google Earth. Both work well enough for my
purposes but neither can display the task and turnpoint sectors or
barrels.

The package I DO use a lot, though is one I wrote to deal with turnpoints
and landout fields. Its based on my own proprietary file format that's
designed to be able to maintain with a text editor and is a superset of
Winpilot (DAT), CUP and EW turnpoint files: IOW it can store the data
that any of these contain plus extra detail about landout-suitable
airfields. The package can read and write its own proprietary format (of
course) as well as importing data from DAT, CUP and EW and outputting it
in any of them as well. Extending it to handle other formats would be
quite easy. I currently maintain a database of UK landout fields with the
data held in the proprietary OpenField format. This is published in both
DAT and CUP formats, with each accompanied by a Waypoint Notes file
suitable for input to XCSoar, LK8000 and any other moving map system that
can use it.

We're currently in the middle of the Great 25KHz to 8.33KHz conversion,
so I quickly whipped up another program that lists all airfield
frequencies in the landouts database in alphabetic order for easy
comparison with the CAA's converted airfields supplement. This has vastly
simplified updating the landouts database.

You can see the output from this program on my website (select the
'Landouts database and CGC Field Book'):

https://www.gregorie.org/gliding/pna/

I have a hazy plan to publish both packages next year, but they're more
likely to be added to my other website than to SourceForge, simply
because their main audience will be quite small. They will probably end
up he

http://www.libelle-systems.com/free/

--
Martin | martin at