Old February 26th 08, 08:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default Way off topic, but it has do to with rednecks

"gatt" wrote in
:

"Mike Noel" wrote in message
. ..

I guess Jay's idea of success is killing 10's of thousands of innocent
people including thousands of our troops, increasing the national debt
by over a trillion dollars, making the US look like a bully to the
rest of the world, and running our economy and military into the
ground as an inheritance for our children.

Increasingly hard to argue against those points except on one:
Hussein was a bully, and with regard to Afghanistan, most Americans
don't view themselves as "bullying" Al Qaeda anymore than they viewed
themselves as fighting WWII "bullying" after Pearl Harbor. They
attacked us.

I will never regret my tax dollars being spent fighting AQ and the
Taliban anywhere in the world. I do, however, hold the war policy
makers accountable for NOT FINISHING THE FREAKIN' JOB before starting
another one. That's all.

Well put.

bertie