Old December 25th 18, 07:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
RW[_2_]

Default SSA Competition Rules Committee Meeting Minutes Now Available

On Tuesday, December 11, 2018 at 6:07:03 AM UTC-5, krasw wrote:
On Tuesday, December 11, 2018 at 7:24:50 AM UTC+2, wrote:
Has anyone asked if we could add some of the (missing) US centric glider models to the FAI handicap list?
That might make it easier to switch to their system.
Chris

Latest FAI Handicap list turned into fiasco because it took a political stance that all old club class gliders should be replaced by newer ones instead of objectively handicapping performance differences. No fair competitions are possible with these handicaps. Do yourself a favour: do not adopt FIA handicaps as a basis for wider handicap list. SC3 does not allow handicaps to any class other than club class so you have a freedom to do whatever you like in national level, though sending teams to Club class WGC without underhandicapped glider ('55, 304 etc.) would be a huge waist of money.

Do yourself favor : look at US handicap list first.
Our US clubs are swarmed with D2 and V1 and LS6 and ASW28, this is why they are in US Club Class
Ryszard