Old December 21st 04, 09:34 AM
Frijoles

"Woody Beal" wrote in message
On 12/20/04 17:23, in article , "John
Carrier" wrote:

At the risk of getting batted around by John again, I'll say it: With
the
same skill-level pilots, the closest thing to the Hornet's BFM ability
is
the F-16 big mouth.

It's not pride in the weapons system. It's matter of record.

Any guy so willing to reverse in front of me is fair game. Many Turkey
drivers would argue your concept of "matter of record."

R / John

John,

At the risk of sounding pompous--so I say this with the most hesitation
and
humbleness--my "matter of record" is personal experience against all of
these platforms.

If you think that all Hornet drivers automatically drop anchor, then I've
given you the wrong impression. Pointing and shooting is what happens
when
both fighters get in the phone booth--giving the Hornet it's real
advantage.
Remember the Super Fox? The Hornet with its new FCC software is better.

--Woody

That pretty much sums it up (although IME the so-called super fox was not so
super when it was just man y mano). We're not talking about shooting what
flys out in front of you in a group gaggle at Fallon, Nellis, Miramar, Yuma
or Holloman.