Old November 25th 03, 04:27 PM
jetflow

No, 14-ply and 10-ply is what Desser sells. And they go on a 4.5" rim, not 12.5.

"Jon Woellhaf" wrote in message news:Kbywb.292598$HS4.2633446@attbi_s01...
The Type Certificate for the Cessna T-50 (Army AT-17 and UC-78 series and
Navy JRC-1) says it uses a "12.5 in. smooth contour tail wheel with 4-ply
tire and tube."

The TC for the North American 0-47B says it uses a "12.5 inch tail wheel
(Hayes D-3746A) with 4-ply smooth contour tire."

Could 14 ply be a typo?

I found a couple others planes that use 14 ply tires but not on 12.5 inch
wheels.

Jon

"jetflow" wrote in message
om...
Can somebody shed a light for me as to who are the possible users of
12.5-4.5 14 PLY AERO CLASSIC tires ? I was told it's a heavy-duty tail
wheel tire, but still have no idea about what a/c it is used on.

My eventual goal is to obtain a pair of used tires to try and see if I
can modify my hardware to use this type.

Thank you