Old March 4th 04, 02:07 PM
Wright1902Glider

A pair of channel-lock pliers and something to cut safety wire (small pair of
dykes) are also very useful.

Most of the items in my kit are for dealing with pioneer-era aircraft, but if
you'll allow me a slightly OT post, here's what I pack for a weekend event with
my Wright glider:

14.4v cordless drill w/ 1/4" socket adapter
sockets for spar bolts
several "common" screwdriver bits for drill
ratcheting multi-bit screwdriver
pair of dykes (that'd be wire-cutters)
pair of slip-joint pliers
Swiss Army knife w/ sicssors
several sewing needles
coping saw w/ fine-tooth blade
hacksaw
4 3" c-clamps
400' roll of #12 waxed linnen cord
50' 15ga. spring-steel wire
1 spool of cotton thread
1 bottle of yellow glue
lots of spare 10-32 screws and nuts
2 yds. spare cotton fabric
several 1' long sticks of spruce and white ash
set of tie-down anchors and ropes

That is, of course, my kit for a weekend show. If I were going to Kitty Hawk
to fly the beast, I'd also drag along 2 spare front-skid assemblies, 2 spare
tail assemblies, a spare spar, and probably mount a vise inside my trailer. Oh
yeah, and a hellacious supply of beer to bribe unsuspecting spectators into
thinking that carrying the glider from the parking lot to the top of the dune
was just plane fun!

Harry