Old April 22nd 08, 03:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Orval Fairbairn[_2_]

Default Owning in retirement

In article ,
Ross wrote:

I am getting close to this event. I was wondering how those that have
already retired keep an airplane. I am fortunate that I have a
moderately priced hangar, reasonable (this is relative) fuel for my
area, and perform owner assisted annuals. But, I am concerned on keeping
the flying going and not feel that I have to let it sit more than I
should. I have always been the sole owner since I purchased it over 10
years ago. Thanks.

I always made the max contributions to my 401(K) plan, retired early,
sold my 3-BR 2.5 bath townhome in CA, bought a 3 BR, 3 BA hangar homw,
with pool in FL. The 401(K), plus pension, plus Social Security, less
the state income tax and Social Security tax, enables me to do it.