Old October 15th 20, 03:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
mart mart is offline
Junior Member

Default LS6 (a, b) NEO

On Tuesday, 29 September 2020 at 4:16:29 am UTC+10, wrote:
Hello everyone,
the first LS6 B with Neo winglets exist and already flown in the past.
The process of certification is still going on.

If all goes well, there might be a chance that DG will also deal with winglets on the LS6a. The flutter tendency of the wings of the LS6(a) is probably seen as the big critical point.
From a technical point of view (separation point in the wing and mounting of the winglets) a lot has already been done for the LS6a due to the development of the winglets on the LS6b.
If there will be a change of the allowed weight of the non-load bearing parts of the LS6(a/b) is not known to me yet.

With the LS1 and LS4 the permissible weight of the non-load bearing parts has probably been changed by newer and more accurate calculation methods.

If somebody owns a LS6a and is interested in retrofitting the Neo Winglets he can contact me. The higher the demand is, the higher is the probability that the winglets on the a model can actually be realized sometime.

I hope I could give some useful information and wish you all the best,

Hi Lucas,

I own a LS6a in Australia. I am very interested in the winglets, however, since the glider was in a crash before I owned it i can't afford a lower cockpit load. I also want to keep flying with water.
Regards Mart